Mar 14, 2012

Shoperwoman's new shoe challenge! and other, less important things

Well,  it's that time of the year again, the horrible scary time where I take my miner's helmet and a notepad and dive into the depths of my closet, accompanied by my ever faithful feline explorer, and ask the question nobody (least of all my long-suffering husband) wants to know the answer to.
The question is, naturally: Just how many pairs of shoes do I own?

The answer this year is 28.

That is, naturally, not counting that one special pair of painted Doc Marten's , a pair of flip-flops and emergency flats (which are always in my purse when I'm out in heels somewhere. Because you just never know.). And not counting the four pairs of shoes I just put  up for sale online.

Perhaps this year I'll manage to wear all 28 pairs at least once, since I failed so miserably last year and gave up on the challenge because, well, truth be told, I just didn't go out. So this  year I will try to take more strolls outside in the fresh air, see more friends for coffee and give my much loved shoes an airing out.

In other news, I have re-discovered my affection for Japanese nail design, so there is a fair chance you'll be seeing some more of this too. Especially since I have a shipment of cute embellishments coming any day now. Prepare for tiny slices of fimo fruit to be paraded on your screen. Isn't it just what your life needed? I know, I know, you'd all be so lost without me.
This is my second attempt at something like that this week:




And with this lovely picture of me squeezing the life out of a completely artificial flower (because the harming of real flowers is best left to my faithful feline friend), I say toodles and prance off to hunt down more fake flowers to shove into my hair. Spring is here, after all!

No comments: