Mar 18, 2011

Trinkets of desire - Fully fashioned stockings

I am quite partial to stockings, amongst other things.
But a real heart-flutter to me are fully fashioned stockings.
These stockings are not of your usual stretchy kind. Fully fashioned means they were sewn together on their back seam.
I am not very kind to my stockings, and go through them like a box of chocolates. But these stockings are made to last. And they do last, I can vouch for that.
They are, however, somewhat costlier than  your usual stockings because there are very few factories left, and they are only made on old machinery.





The Image is from What Katie Did  , my go-to place for vintage stockings and all things vintage. This pair will set you back £20.00, but they are oh so worth the price!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Henky

I love your blog and your shoe challenge so far.

Like you I have a bit of an obsession with fully fashioned and RHT stockings (especially vintage ones).

If you have not yet checked out the selection of FFS at Stockings HQ, you really should - you can pickup beautful seamed stockings for a bit less there than via What Katie Did.

Unknown said...

Link to the seamed stockings http://www.stockingshq.com/classic-nylons/seamed-ff-stockings