Apr 29, 2017

Dolly and Dotty - Mary Blackbird dress




As the weather becomes a little warmer, I am getting more and more chances to wear this dress, finally!
I like to wear a dress once or twice outside of a shoot to get a good feeling for it and see how it behaves in real life, and this one truly delivers.
It is a fully lined day dress with seriously deep pockets, side zip fastening and a very cute collar button that gives you a keyhole neckline. It also comes with a matching fabric belt.




Now that we have the specs aside, what’s it really like? Incredibly comfortable! Both the dress and the lining are 100% cotton, which means that, while you do need to iron this dress before wearing, it will be soft and comfy and look great at the same time!



I admit it is my go to dress for the days when I want a cute and vintage look without too much fuss. It’s really the best of both worlds, and reminds me a lot of the wonderful day dresses my grandmother would wear.



I’m looking forward to wearing it this spring, and am pretty certain that it will make a wonderful dress for summer evenings as well! 



I accessorized it with a beautiful flower brooch from Dizzibirds, handmade and unique just for me. Well, every flower they make is unique, and I am looking forward to telling you all about the wonderful Dizzibirds in my next blog post! 



Until next time!

xoxo

Umbrella- The Gothic Shop
Flower- Dizzibirds
Photo- Villy V
Set Mistress- Ivy Lucija

No comments: